Are Marble Tiles Durable?
As a natural stone, marble makes for a very durable option for floors, countertops, walkways, and more! However, it is important to know that the stone’s hardness can lead it to chip if handled improperly. This means that only a professional should handle the design and installation of your home’s marble tile.
What are the Best Types of Marble Tile?
There are two main types of marble tile common in homes in New Orleans:
- Honed Marble: polished just enough so that the surface is smooth, it doesn’t radiate the same shine like polished marble, which makes it perfect for a toned-down, earthy appearance.
- Polished Marble: perhaps the most popular marble tile in New Orleans, polished marble really brings out the “wow” factor inherent in natural stone with the help of our commercial stone polishing process.
How to Maintain Marble Tile
Marble tile is highly germ-resistant, making cleaning as easy as a quick swipe with some suds and water. However, there are some unique tidbits of information to keep in mind if you want to keep your New Orleans tile looking as good as the day it was installed:
- Don’t allow grit to build upon the flooring; it can lead to scratches on the polished surface.
- Acidic liquids and cleaners (like vinegar) should be avoided because they can stain marble tiles and dull surfaces over time.
- It’s recommended that you seal honed marble tile at least twice a year to help it against staining.
- Polished marble tiles are less porous, and they only need to be sealed roughly once a year.
The Best Marble Tile in New Orleans
Marble tile immediately elevates the appearance wherever it’s installed, bringing with it an almost regal appearance that endures the test of time when well looked after. It’s impossible to imitate the natural beauty of stone, and the Stone Gallery has only the finest marble slabs brought in for your selection.
If you’re ready to see what marble can do for any location in your home, reach out to us today via phone or email, and our team of design experts will get back to you to begin the process!